Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Lay it out, put every thing of on the table.

Hey, if you've managed to get control of that machine. Now, it's time to crack open a pattern envelope and see if you've got what it takes to be an Absolute Beginner.  The sewing universe is waiting.  When you decide on a pattern. Think, simple.  Look for patterns with few seams. Just sew you can get some straight stitching practice.  To many pieces to a pattern you don't really understand is possibly taking on more than you can sew.


When I suggest simple, I mean pillowcase simple.

Questions that may arise when you decide to use a pattern.
  1. What kind of fabric?
  2. What's a seam allowance?
  3. Which line do I cut?
  4. Do I need all these pieces?
  5. What is a grain line?
  6. Where is the fold?
  7. Should I cut on the fold?
Here are 7 good reasons for taking a sewing class. Classic Sewing will get you all the way through your first pattern. 






No comments:

Post a Comment