Tuesday, September 22, 2015

S.I.Y.

The S.I.Y. revolution has exploded! (Sew It Yourself)
Stitchers have more choices in sewing machines, a vast resource of fabrics where we are no longer confined to driving to a box store. For inspiration there is Project Runway and it's spin off "Threads" where children use actual sewing skills. That's not the end of the list of inspirational sewing tv shows!... check out the three seasons of the Great British Sewing Bee. Which I consider a tutorial for experienced and beginners. Let's see... we have Pinterest for an endless supply of sewing ideas and inspiration and don't forget the Great spool of talent call "Etsy".  Don't get me wrong, I use to sell on Etsy, then it became so big that it was hard to stay at the top. I still love Etsy!. 
Anyway, back to the revolution. Sewing is no longer a "dying art". My personal opinion? with all the millions of hand and machine stitchers out there, the only thing about sewing that was dying is it's popularity.   
Sew! like D.I.Y. Stitchers! have we  S.I.Y. sew it yourself is back in style and has become a revolution.  Put your foot down, Stitchers, and get sewing.
Coach Kate 

I would be neglectful if I didn't promote meetup with it's 1000's of crafty, do it yourself, knitting, crocheting and of course sewing groups, namely our meetup/readysetsew.com...shameless, i know!

No comments:

Post a Comment