Tuesday, September 22, 2015

My high school sewing project- Simplicity pattern 6630

Simplicity pattern 6630 
I only remember my mother taking me to the fabric store and being allowed to choose the fabrics. I picked a canary yellow twill and a powder blue pin wale corduroy with pretty red and yellow flowers. I do remember thinking the yellow was the Tweety bird yellow.
 For those of you who aren't familiar with him.  He was so cute and mischievous. Anyway, at the time he was my favorite color.  
  This poncho was reversible and not a good project for a beginner. I dove into this project fully expecting it to look like that picture. I was determined to make this poncho.  My goal was to make it look like it was store bought because back then handmade wasn't cool. 
Sew you know, I did make the poncho, and as far as I remember, it was pretty good. Because one day it disappeared, and I have spent the last 35 years looking for it.  Every rainy day, I watch, hoping one day I would spot the villain who stole my poncho!  Watching, even though this took place in Ohio and I live in Illinois!  I will share the rest of the story later.

Why don't you to share your high school sewing project? I'd love to hear any story, happy ending or sad ending, did that project get you started or end your sewing future.

  This isn't the end of my tragic sewing story...I leave you with this cliff hanger...Did I find my poncho? Did I find the culprit?

Stay pinned
 Well I told you I would finish this story...
It turns out that my poncho wasn't stolen, I shared this story with my mother and she admitted to loaning my high school sewing project to a friend on a rainy day.  I was never to see my poncho again.  In each human life we all carry a quite little story with us that if we aren't careful, that story could define us.   I am not that poncho...I only had a chance to wear it maybe once or twice and I sure miss it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment