Tuesday, September 22, 2015

"Well, you can teach an old dog new tricks"


Quote for today was from Laurie. She is a experienced stitcher with 40+ years of sewing. She has numerous sewing machines and sergers, countless projects she's worked on and she say's to herself, "Well, you can teach an old dog new tricks". I was sew honored by the comment.  She called the shop asking for help with stretch knits. Her knit project was out of shape and she felt it was beyond fixing. She liked the fabric, she didn't want to abandon the project.  That's where I come into the story. She called wanting help.  Sew, I helped.  Ever heard the saying "you get more than you give" After showing her what tricks and tips I had, that's when she said to herself, Well, you can teach an old dog new tricks. I was sew excited that I could teach someone with years of sewing experience something new.  Laurie is coming back next week with both guns (machines) loaded and ready to learn some more.

Last published on 09/10/15 at 02:15 PM

Friendly Stitches in Downers Grove referred Laurie to Classic Sewing

No comments:

Post a Comment